Monday, September 21, 2009

Typeography



For my typographical design i used contrasting fonts and counter forms to create a unified solid design. The fonts i used are Snell Round hand, Lucida Grande, and Apple chancery. I used these particular fonts together because of the contrast that the snell and the lucida grande created, also the snell had a long counter form witch created a lot of black area, along with the counter form from the R. The over all curvature and the contrast created by the blockyness of the R attracted me to the fonts. I would characterize my final product to be a simplistic design with heavy use of black. The front tail of the m was repeated in order to create a flow and to draw your eye away from the heavy black area. I used the rule of thirds to keep a flow and keep the emphasis from overbearing the rest of the piece. The counter form of the m and the r where the most important aspects of my design because i used the black space to cut other shapes out of and to create a sense of unity. The use of purely only black and white allowed me to give a strong contrast and a balance to it.

1 comment:

  1. I think what's most interesting in your design is that the intricacies of the fonts are hidden behind the large, heavy shapes, and that makes the viewer peer harder into it to ferret out the details. It achieves a nice balance between curve and straight lines.
    Also, dig the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete